The Training Service of the CCIMC head office is located at the Directorate of Projects and Enterprise Support and is placed under the latter’s authority. It was created by Decision N° 00578/CCIMA/SG/DAF of 5th August 2013.
Amongst the missions assigned to the CCIMC are those devolved to it by public authorities, including the noble mission of vocational training.
Mission of vocational training: This is simultaneously a professional interest and public service mission.
The CCIMC can, for instance, set up a training mechanism aimed at ensuring the refreshing of technicians in a given sector or trade. The target in this case would be professional interest.
But there is also the setting up of training centres open to apprentices meant for a general and broader market.
The Chamber in the past organised and funded evening classes for the training of secretaries, office workers, accountants, etc.
The present practice is that the Training Service has a professional interest mission consisting in:
• Carrying out surveys of businesspersons by seeking information on their needs and drawing up an annual schedule of the trainings addressing those needs
• Organising capacity-building seminars for firms
• Organising workshops for ongoing training and the retraining of businesspersons
• Specialised information for specific activity sectors
• Support in the search of partners for members of an activity sector
• Mobilising businesspersons for an event (seminar, training workshop, colloquium, etc.)
• Designing forms for the evaluation of seminars and workshops with a view to collecting the diverse impressions of participants after each seminar/workshop organised to improve upon our services
• Designing end-of-training certificates meant for participants.
The service has set up a database of trainers including renowned experts. This database is consulted on a regular basis in case of need and for periodic updates.